Gamescom – one of the biggest events of 2017 in the gaming world. The Gamescom brings together 345000 visitors from 97 countries, more than 5000 journalists and 877 companies from 54 countries, representing both novelties in the gaming industry, some of which are likely to attract a lot of attention, and the new developments in this area. The exhibition is attended by the most famous computer game manufacturers, sellers, publishers, journalists and, of course, amateurs of computer games.
The Gamescom exhibition is attended by such companies as Activision Blizzard, Capcom, Electronic Arts, Namco Bandai, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Sega, Square Enix, Konami, Take-Two, Microsoft and many others.
The event was first held in 2009, and since then is held regularly every year. The organizer of the event is Koelnmesse GmbH.
The main thematic sections of the Gamescom 2017 exhibition will be:
- Interactive games – software for computers and mobile devices
- Educational games and programs
- Information and entertainment applications – maps, movies, music, photography, etc.
- Games and entertainment for the whole family
- Hardware – you will see the latest models of game consoles, tablets, smartphones, personal computers, laptops, etc.
- Components and accessories - monitors, screens, cases, memory cards, keyboards, headphones, amplifiers, etc.
The event will be held from 22 to 26 August in the city of Cologne, Germany. Gamescom 2017 is not so much of an exposition really! It as a bright interactive show, consisting of many presentations of new games and other interesting events. During the Gamescom exhibition, a lot of entertaining events are held: presentations of new games, interactive shows, competitions, master classes. The Gamescom exhibition is open to visitors over 4 years old.
A bright event of the Gamescom exhibition will undoubtedly be the presentation of the Gamescom Аward in various categories: games for PC, mobile games, games for consoles, online games.